Welcome to the Sarasota Police Officers Association
A commitment to integrity in order to serve and protect our community with excellence.
A commitment to our members in providing representation during negotiations and legal defense.
24/7 for both civil and criminal proceedings.Learn More
Welcome to Sarasota Police Officers Association
Sarasota Police Officers Association, I.U.P.A. Local 6045, would like to welcome you to our website. The site is designed to provide a communications link between the Union and its members. It also provides information for the citizens we serve. Anything done to one, affects all of us. Call a member of the Board and let us know or send an email from your personal, not your work computer.
I.U.P.A./SPD Local 6045 is comprised of sworn law enforcement professionals dedicated to protect and serve the City of Sarasota residents and its visitors year round. Our commitment and loyalty to our community is unwavering. We are dedicated to continually providing the highest level of service with integrity and partnering with our community to maintain and enhance our quality of life. I.U.P.A. Local 6045 is proud to be a part of an agency that continually focuses on community policing and is fully accredited by the Commission for Florida Law Enforcement Accreditation.
Download Member Application
- New Guidebook Designed to Help Officer Stay Well and Safe During Civil Unrestby Staff on July 23, 2021 at 10:53 pm
The National Police Foundation (NPF), in partnership with the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA), has released "Staying […]
- Poll: Voters Want Congress to Investigate 2020's Anti-Police Riotsby Staff on July 23, 2021 at 10:03 pm
In analyzing the survey results, the National Police Association (NPA) blamed reaction of elected officials to last […]
- Seattle Report Says Officers Could HaveÂ Defused Violence by Siding with Protestersby Staff on July 23, 2021 at 9:05 pm
â€œThe Panel felt that â€˜taking a kneeâ€™ or standing publicly against police brutality â€¦ was a […]
- Charlotte City and Police Settle with Civil Rights Groups Over Protest Tacticsby Staff on July 23, 2021 at 8:48 pm
The terms of the settlement force extensive revisions to CMPD directives, including a ban on the use of CS tear gas […]
- America's Elite Female Athletes and Officersby Doug Wyllie on July 23, 2021 at 3:00 pm
If policing was an Olympic sport, there is no doubt that Team USA would be standing atop the Medal stand, taking honors […]
- IL Agency Releases Video Showing Officer Under Attack in Strangling Incidentby Staff on July 23, 2021 at 12:03 am
The video shows more officers eventually moving in, but not before the Kane County State's Attorney said one of those […]