Welcome to the Sarasota Police Officers Association
A commitment to integrity in order to serve and protect our community with excellence.
A commitment to our members in providing representation during negotiations and legal defense.
24/7 for both civil and criminal proceedings.Learn More
Welcome to Sarasota Police Officers Association
Sarasota Police Officers Association, I.U.P.A. Local 6045, would like to welcome you to our website. The site is designed to provide a communications link between the Union and its members. It also provides information for the citizens we serve. Anything done to one, affects all of us. Call a member of the Board and let us know or send an email from your personal, not your work computer.
I.U.P.A./SPD Local 6045 is comprised of sworn law enforcement professionals dedicated to protect and serve the City of Sarasota residents and its visitors year round. Our commitment and loyalty to our community is unwavering. We are dedicated to continually providing the highest level of service with integrity and partnering with our community to maintain and enhance our quality of life. I.U.P.A. Local 6045 is proud to be a part of an agency that continually focuses on community policing and is fully accredited by the Commission for Florida Law Enforcement Accreditation.
Download Member Application
- More police promised for Chicago trains after fatal shootingon August 7, 2022 at 11:00 am
"Senseless gun violence and incidents like these ... have no place in this city. It is unacceptable and will not be tolerated," Superintendent David Brown said
- Slain Ind. officer, 24, remembered as focused on police workon August 7, 2022 at 11:00 am
"Noah destroyed any barriers that got in his way," Officer Shahnavaz's mother said in her eulogy
- After racist text, Ala. town fires police chief, disbands PDon August 6, 2022 at 11:00 am
"This has torn this community apart," one city council member said during an emotional meeting
- As homicides increase in Cleveland, number of detectives continue to dwindleon August 6, 2022 at 11:00 am
There have been 83 homicides in the city through July 23; the unit has 18 officers, but should have 38
- Video: Drivers race on bridge while unmarked cruiser is behind themon August 6, 2022 at 11:00 am
"These two chose poorly. Multiple times," the sheriff's office wrote on Facebook
- Why we need to talk about the blueprint for hateby Chief Booker Hodges on August 5, 2022 at 11:40 pm
People have formed an unfavorable opinion of our profession and it has become acceptable to harm and disparage those in law enforcement
- Ex-officer sentenced for failing to intervene in rough arrest of woman with dementiaon August 5, 2022 at 10:57 pm
Daria Jalali was sentenced to 45 days in jail and three years of probation