Welcome to the Sarasota Police Officers Association
A commitment to integrity in order to serve and protect our community with excellence.
A commitment to our members in providing representation during negotiations and legal defense.
24/7 for both civil and criminal proceedings.Learn More
Welcome to Sarasota Police Officers Association
Sarasota Police Officers Association, I.U.P.A. Local 6045, would like to welcome you to our website. The site is designed to provide a communications link between the Union and its members. It also provides information for the citizens we serve. Anything done to one, affects all of us. Call a member of the Board and let us know or send an email from your personal, not your work computer.
I.U.P.A./SPD Local 6045 is comprised of sworn law enforcement professionals dedicated to protect and serve the City of Sarasota residents and its visitors year round. Our commitment and loyalty to our community is unwavering. We are dedicated to continually providing the highest level of service with integrity and partnering with our community to maintain and enhance our quality of life. I.U.P.A. Local 6045 is proud to be a part of an agency that continually focuses on community policing and is fully accredited by the Commission for Florida Law Enforcement Accreditation.
Download Member Application
- Hostage negotiations: Psychological strategies for resolving crisesby Dr. Laurence Miller on September 24, 2023 at 3:44 am
Insights into crisis response team structure and communication strategies
- Seattle officer put on leave after newspaper reports alleged off-duty racist commentson September 24, 2023 at 3:33 am
“As I have said from the beginning of my tenure as Chief of Police, racist comments and behavior by department employees will not be tolerated,” said Seattle Police Chief Adrian Diaz
- Addressing the debate over sending mental health professionals out on police callsby Dr. Laurence Miller on September 23, 2023 at 10:38 pm
A premature rush to routinely dispatch psychologists and social workers to the scene of potentially lethal police-citizen encounters may be a matter of misapplied good intentions
- Suspect bites off part of NYPD officer’s finger after bust in wild Queens pursuiton September 23, 2023 at 4:04 pm
While in the precinct cells, the suspect began to act disorderly and bit off a portion of a sergeant’s finger causing a serious physical injury, said police
- Watch: Man tries to break into Calif. auto shop by rappelling down from the roof 'Mission: Impossible'-styleon September 23, 2023 at 12:00 pm
"It didn't go well," Chief Joshua Clayton said; the man triggered an alarm with his cries of pain after dangling upside down
- Calif. sheriff's office K-9 sniffs out 23 pounds of meth during traffic stopon September 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
Enrique Sanchez-Arias was booked into the Sonoma County jail on suspicion of felony possession and transportation of a controlled substance
- Video: Ind. man arrested for driving toy car while under the influenceon September 23, 2023 at 10:00 am
The battery-powered Power Wheels Jeep has a top speed of 5 mph and no lights