Welcome to the Sarasota Police Officers Association
A commitment to integrity in order to serve and protect our community with excellence.
A commitment to our members in providing representation during negotiations and legal defense.
24/7 for both civil and criminal proceedings.Learn More
Welcome to Sarasota Police Officers Association
Sarasota Police Officers Association, I.U.P.A. Local 6045, would like to welcome you to our website. The site is designed to provide a communications link between the Union and its members. It also provides information for the citizens we serve. Anything done to one, affects all of us. Call a member of the Board and let us know or send an email from your personal, not your work computer.
I.U.P.A./SPD Local 6045 is comprised of sworn law enforcement professionals dedicated to protect and serve the City of Sarasota residents and its visitors year round. Our commitment and loyalty to our community is unwavering. We are dedicated to continually providing the highest level of service with integrity and partnering with our community to maintain and enhance our quality of life. I.U.P.A. Local 6045 is proud to be a part of an agency that continually focuses on community policing and is fully accredited by the Commission for Florida Law Enforcement Accreditation.
Download Member Application
- Houston PD calls for stronger penalties for suspects involved in pursuitson November 28, 2023 at 3:32 pm
“We need our legislators and elected officials to revisit this and raise the penalties for this, because it is so dangerous," a PD official said
- Watch: 12-year-old in stolen forklift leads Mich. officers on slow-speed pursuiton November 28, 2023 at 3:22 pm
During the pursuit, which lasted an hour, the forklift hit 10 parked vehicles
- Body camera video shows Ohio troopers responding to deadly bus crashon November 28, 2023 at 3:21 pm
In one body camera video, a trooper and bystanders run toward an SUV to pull a person to safety
- What people really mean when they say ‘suicide is selfish’by Shauna ‘Doc’ Springer on November 28, 2023 at 3:14 pm
Grief and fear readily get transformed into anger when people are hurting
- Reducing the impact of scenario training on officer mental healthon November 28, 2023 at 1:03 am
Follow these six strategies to ensure your department’s scenario training doesn’t result in undesirable side-effects
- 'Perfectly timed critiques and praise': A review of Erick Gelhaus' pistol red dot sight occlusion classby Warren Wilson on November 28, 2023 at 12:28 am
This four-hour session focused on what to do when these electronic items – regardless of their quality – inevitably fail, or are adversely affected by water, mud or breakage
- Improving memory recall: The benefits of cognitive interviewing techniquesby Jason Potts on November 27, 2023 at 10:24 pm
These methods offer a more effective approach for police officers when interacting with victims of trauma