Welcome to the Sarasota Police Officers Association
A commitment to integrity in order to serve and protect our community with excellence.
A commitment to our members in providing representation during negotiations and legal defense.
24/7 for both civil and criminal proceedings.Learn More
Welcome to Sarasota Police Officers Association
Sarasota Police Officers Association, I.U.P.A. Local 6045, would like to welcome you to our website. The site is designed to provide a communications link between the Union and its members. It also provides information for the citizens we serve. Anything done to one, affects all of us. Call a member of the Board and let us know or send an email from your personal, not your work computer.
I.U.P.A./SPD Local 6045 is comprised of sworn law enforcement professionals dedicated to protect and serve the City of Sarasota residents and its visitors year round. Our commitment and loyalty to our community is unwavering. We are dedicated to continually providing the highest level of service with integrity and partnering with our community to maintain and enhance our quality of life. I.U.P.A. Local 6045 is proud to be a part of an agency that continually focuses on community policing and is fully accredited by the Commission for Florida Law Enforcement Accreditation.
Download Member Application
- Sheriff: Deputy charged after TASER used during arrest at gas station sets officers, biker on fireon May 21, 2022 at 5:32 pm
Osceola County Sheriff Marcos López said the biker also faces charges of reckless driving, fleeing law enforcement and resisting arrest
- Conn. police recruiters thrilled after study ranks their state best to be a copon May 21, 2022 at 10:00 am
The Norwich Police Department says the study's findings fit perfectly with its latest recruiting campaign
- 'Jaws' child actor named police chief on Martha’s Vineyard, where movie was filmed 50 years agoon May 21, 2022 at 10:00 am
“I’m finding the whole thing quite funny myself!” said Jonathan Searle, 56, who is stepping into the real-life role of the movie's top cop
- Loved ones of slain police officers describe meaning of ‘thin blue line’on May 21, 2022 at 10:00 am
“It saddens me to see the blue line being redefined and misrepresented," said a retired trooper whose brother died in the line of duty
- The mission: Single out offenders, combat violent crime and help officers be proactiveby Sergeant Dalton Webb on May 21, 2022 at 1:29 am
The strategy: A technology-driven approach to policing
- 3 ways this digital platform helps your agency develop greater trust with your communityby Courtney Levin on May 20, 2022 at 10:50 pm
Agencies can improve accuracy and efficiency while promoting transparent policing
- Former MMA fighter sees cop under attack and jumps into actionon May 20, 2022 at 6:59 pm
A Brazilian jiu-jitsu trainer put his skills to the test